Friday, December 28, 2012

The best things in life are not things!

We decorated inside and out, baked, shopped, bought, wrapped, planned menus, entertained and spent time with family. Whewwwwwwww!  Such a busy time of the year!  Today is my day off from the shop, this is Jennifer's day to work, so I have a whole day off with absolutely no plans.
It feels pretty good and gives me time to reflect on the past year.  It was a year of retirement for me even though I spend more time at the store now it doesn't seem like work.  No one telling me what to do.  Just meeting new people everyday and helping them find the thing they have been looking for to add to their collection.
Having my own business is fun. I know it's not going to make me rich, just happy.  I don't have to put in way ahead of time to take a day or week off.  I have the best employees that jump right in when I need the extra time off.  They are trustworthy, fun and great with the customers.  What else could a boss ask for?
One thing that is constant is Family.  Three of our children have provided us with 6 grandchildren. I call them our " 6 pack ".  We also have 4 dogs in the family.  One is ours and 3 of our daughter's. Our dog Kesha is having some health problems so every day she is still here is a blessing.  Our little 6 pack is the biggest blessing any grandparent can have.  The is NO gift that can top that!!!
Ethan, Cooper and Aubrie

Sam, Maggie and Max

Kesha
I hope everyone that reads this can give each grandchild a hug and tell them they are the BEST PRESENT ever!!!!                                           Until next blog,    Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...