Monday, May 28, 2012

"Cheater" German potato salad

I have discovered a way to make a quicker german potato salad and smaller version.  Have you ever used a can such as this on a whim??   I have, very little potatoes and more dressing than needed.  So I decided to cook 2-3 potatoes ahead of time.  When I wanted a quick salad I would peal the potatoes and dice them. Then add them to the contents of the can.  I also add some real bacon bits.( Hormel makes a good brand.)  A little salt and pepper and heat it up. It is delicious.  Depending on how large you potatoes are, this would feed an average of 3-4 people as a side dish.                 Try it sometime and let me know what you think.
While I'm here, as of this coming Friday, I will be opening the shop daily except Tues. until the 2nd week of January.                                                                         Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...